Overview: Beas Kund has always been a famous trek around Manali. After all, it takes you right to the source of the river that flows through the town. One of the reasons trekkers loves this trek is the Lush green grasslands flourish below the summits of the three biggest mountains around Manali and hidden in these grasslands is the emerald lake out of which the river Beas emerges.
The contrasting sight of this serene water body nestled in between jagged mountain peaks of the Pir Panjal range adds to the beauty of his setting.
This emerald kund branches off into streams, tumbling waterfalls right until it converges into the boiling Beas river. As is the case with every river that feeds a civilization or settlements surrounding it, the Beas Kund is also associated with the legend.
It is believed that Rishi Vyas, who wrote the Mahabharata took his daily bath in this lake. It’s possible that the term Beas Kund has been derived from Vyas, the sage; and Kund, a lake.
This combination of big snowy summits towering above you, the greenery of the grasslands, and the lake draw everyone to this trek. Due to its short duration and easy difficulty level, this trek is possible for beginners as well. This is why tourism of Beas Kund has been growing popular recently.
Day 1: Manali – Dhundi – Bakarthatch (13 km walking and uphill – time – 6-8 hrs)
Day 2: Bakarthach – Beas Kund – Bakarthach (6kms trek – time – 4-5 hrs)
Day 3: Bakarthach to Manali
|Price||₹ 5,400/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 3 – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days of trekking.
- Meals: All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to day 3 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any Entry Fees.
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
The Beas Kund trek starts from a village called Dhundhi which is a 21 km drive from Manali. After arriving there, we will start our trek to Bakarthatch, which is 13 km from Dhundhi. The initial trek is through green meadows and ridges. We will set up our camps at Bakarthatch.
After having lunch, we will go on an acclimatization walk so that no one will get affected from high altitude. Enjoy the majestic views of snow capped peaks such as Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba and Indrasan This is a beautiful place where you can get dislodged in nature. You can listen to the minimal whispers of nature and also the sound of the breeze that flows.
Back to Property Dinner and Overnight stay in Dome tents under Beautiful sky and Blanket of Stars.
Wake up early and after breakfast depart for final destination, which is Beas Kund. The trek to Beas Kund consists of walking over moraine to the lake of Beas Kund. Beas Kund is a tiny lake situated at a height of 3600 meters and it is also called as the birth place of River Beas.
The place also works as a base camp for peaks such as Shitidhar, Friendship peak etc. After reaching Beas Kund, enjoy the heavenly views and then return back to Bakarthatch camp.
Dinner and overnight stay at camps.
Wake up, have your breakfast and start your trek to Dundhi. This will be your last day of trek. After reaching Dundhi, Drive back to Manali.
Arrive at Manali.
End of Beas Kund Trek.