Overview: Kareri Lake trek is a lovely weekend adventure for people looking for options away from the more beaten Himachal trails like Kheerganga, Prashar lake, etc. Several campsites along the trail, along with convenient options for food, make this an ideal beginner-level DIY trail for trekkers.
Kareri Lake is a trek to high altitude freshwater lake situated at an altitude of 2950 meters above sea level. Kareri Lake is surrounded by scenic meadows and Dhauladhars. The glaciers located in the Dhauladhars act as a water source to the Kareri lake.
The Kareri Lake trek is less explored and offers great scenic views of valleys and mountain ranges. The difficulty level of this trek varies from easy to moderate and hence it is suitable for both beginners as well as experienced ones.
The Kareri Lake trek starts from a small village called Kareri, which is around 2 hours from Dharamshala. The trek offers amazing views of Dhauladhar ranges and valleys.
The trail of the Kareri Lake trek is all the way ascending from the starting point and it passes through the lush forest of oak and spruce, narrow terrains, and beautiful meadows. The site of the Kareri Lake is also the basecamp of Minkiani and Bleni passes.
Day 0: Departure from Akshardham Metro Station to Dharamshala
Day 1: Arrive in Dharamshala, drive to Kareri village, and Trek to Reoti Village
Day 2: Trek from Reoti Village to Kareri Lake
Day 3: Trek from Kareri Lake to Kareri Village and drive to Delhi
- Accommodation: Stay is included for all nights – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days of trekking.
- Meals: All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to day 3 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any Entry Fees.
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
Your trekking journey starts from Kareri Village. From Dharamshala, we drive to Kareri village, which is around 90 mins journey from Dharamshala. After arriving at Kareri, we take a small break, freshen up at Guesthouse and then start our Kareri Lake trek to the campsite called Reoti.
Reoti is 9 km from Kareri village. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the campsite from the village. The trail goes alongside the Nylund River.
Dinner and overnight stay at Reoti campsite.
Wake Up early and enjoy the beauty of mountains during the morning. After having breakfast, we start our trek to Kareri Lake. The trek from Reoti to Kareri lake is around 6 km long and it takes around 4-5 hours to reach the lake. After reaching there, explore the site and a nearby Lord Shiva temple.
Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Wake up and spend a good time around the lake. After having breakfast, we start descending towards Kareri village. It takes around 6-7 hours to reach the village. We trek through the same route that we use while trekking up. From the village, we start our return drive to Delhi.
Reach Delhi early morning by 6 am. Trip Ends