Overview: Trek to Nag Tibba from Delhi is a great Weekend trek best known for its camping and trekking experiences. Nag Tibba (Serpent’s peak) is situated in Tehri Garhwal in Uttarakhand, at an altitude of 9,915 feet. Nag Tibba is a typical ridge peak on the Nag Tibba Range of the lower Himalayas. In fact, along with the Pir Punjal and Dhauladhar, the Nag tibba range forms one of the 3 main ranges of the lower Himalayas. It is mentioned in the very famous book ‘7 Years in Tibet’ which chronicles the escape of Austrian climber Heinrich Harrer from the British jail into Tibet.
Trek to Nag Tibba from Delhi is also known as the abode of Nag Devtas, Tibba is a local word for hill or peak. Nag Tibba range is part of three major ranges of lesser Himalayas which includes the Pir Panjal Range, Dhauladhar range which was a part of the Great Himalayas. Villagers strongly believe in the Nag Devta and come regularly to offer prayers to him for the safety of their animals.
Nag Tibba trek is famous for camping and as a trekking destination situated in the midst of the Himalayan region. There is also a temple situated at the highest point of the Nag Tibba Summit and the view from there is something you would want to capture for life. There are three trekking routes to reach Nag Tibba summit one from Pantwari (we will be taking this route) and the other two from Devalsari, Shrikot. It is an 8 km trek from Pantwari.
Nag Tibba has pleasant weather throughout the year and one of the best camping spots. If you want to do an easy winter trek then December to February is the idle time. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced trekker you will love the beauty that Nag Tibba offers.
Day 0: Delhi to Pantwari Village via Mussoorie
Day 1: Pantwari Village to Base Camp
Day 2: Nag Tibba Basecamp to Nag Tibba Summit and Nag Devta temple
|Price||₹ 5,500/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 2 – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days of trekking.
- Meals: All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to day 2 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any Entry Fees.
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
We assemble outside Akshardham Metro Station/Kashmere Gate ISBT, New Delhi by 9 PM. After the initial introduction with the group we start our journey to Pantwari village, which is the starting point of the Trek.
We will take a break and have our breakfast amidst the journey.
We arrive at Pantwari by around 9 AM in the morning. After a short break, we start our trek to Nag Tibba base campsite.
The distance from Pantwari to Nag Mandir Campsite is around 5.5 km. The initial Nag Tibba trek passes through a goat village and then continues on the spur of the mountain. The rest of the trek goes through a dense forest of rhododendron and small bugyal or meadow. The complete Nag Tibba trek is on an even surface except for some stretches. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the campsite.
After arriving at the campsite, relax. Have dinner with bonfire. Night stay in the camps.
The day starts with a steep trek to the summit of Nag Tibba.
The Nag Tibba summit is situated 3 km from Nag Mandir. It takes around 2-3 hours to reach the summit depending on the snow on the trail. At the top, enjoy the panoramic views of Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Nanda Devi, Srikanth, Swargarohini, Black Peak, Banderpooch and others.
After all this, we trek back to Nag Mandir campsite. We have our lunch there and then descend back to Pantwari. The downhill trek takes around 3 hours to reach.
Reach Pantwari and start your journey to Delhi.
We reach Delhi early the next morning.