Overview: Mcleodganj & Triund Trek – McleodGanj is an enchanting hill station sitting in the lap of the Dhauladhar range. Referred to as India’s Mini Tibet, the area is rife with Tibetan culture, quaint streets, charming monasteries, olde worlde cafes, and an abundance of scenic natural beauty coupled with spiritual and tranquil vibes. This town is stocked with monasteries. Hence mcleodganj & triund trek are the perfect places for relaxation as well as recreation.
While exploring McleodGanj the place consists of various hidden gems, visiting monasteries, Sunset Point, St Johns Church, Bhagsu waterfall are some beautiful places nearby to Mcleodganj which are a must-visit Just knowing about the place and people. The mix of culture that has so easily blended in the routine of the town.
Adventure seekers can go trekking or camping to the nearby trails, for instance, Triund, which is a moderately challenging trek with cold breezes, steep slopes, and undulating terrain – via the verdant forest of oak trees and green rhododendron.
Trek to Triund, is a beautiful trek where you can dislodge in nature which is a very good hike starting from McleodGanj and curling up to the top. Camping under the stars, view of the valley, sunrise dazzling the snow-covered peaks are few things to watch out for at Triund.
Day 0: Start From New Delhi
Day 1: Arrive Mcleodganj, Visit Monastery, and Bhagsunath Waterfalls
Day 2: Day Hike to Triund. Night stay in Mcleodganj
Day 3: Day at Leisure at McleodGanj and Departure for Delhi
|Price||₹ 6,400/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 3 – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days of the trip.
- Meals: All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to day 3 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trip.
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
- Any Entry Fees
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
We leave Delhi by 8 PM from Maharana Pratap ISBT Kashmere Gate, New Delhi in a Volvo Bus.
Open your eyes in the mighty mountains of Dhauladhars. Mcleodganj is 490 km from Delhi, we will reach there by 10:00 AM.
Tea and Breakfast on arrival. Check-in in your allotted camps and relax a bit. After lunch, we will explore the Mcleodganj. Visit Namgyal Monastery, Bhagsunath Waterfalls, Sunset Point, and then get back to the campsite by evening.
After dinner, get prepared for the next day trek to Triund and take a good tight sleep
Wake up to a refreshing morning in the mountains.
After breakfast, we start our trek towards Triund hill. The trek to Triund starts from Mcleodganj main chowk.
The gradient of the trek is easy except for some stretches and the total trekking distance is 9 km. The trail takes you through the dense forests of pine with some scenic views of valleys. It takes around 5-6 hours to reach Triund.
Triund is situated at an altitude of 2875 meters (9432 feet) above sea level.
As overnight camping is banned at Triund we return to McleodGanj by late evening. Dinner and overnight at the property.
Wake up and get mesmerized by the breathtaking views of Dhauladhars, Dharamsala and Ofcourse Dharamsala Stadium.
After Some Snacks we will get back to the Property Reaching Mcleodganj by afternoon. Explore cafes and markets if time allows.
We leave for Delhi by 6 PM.
Reach New Delhi early next morning by 7 -8 am.