Overview: Chopta is a gateway to Tungnath (World’s highest Lord Shiva temple) and majestic Chandrashila peak trek. Chopta is an unspoiled natural destination lying in the lap of the Uttarakhand Himalayas and offers views of the imposing Himalayan range including Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila trek is well-loved by trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers. It remains accessible almost throughout the year and offers a variety of views and experiences.The trek is one of the few treks with the most scenic views which you can enjoy almost any month of the year.
This trek is an easy trek and one of the best for beginners but tests your endurance because you can’t camp near Tungnath or Chandrashila. You have to ascent and descent on the same day from the Chopta campsite. It takes around 7-8 hours to complete this trek.
Day 0: Drive from Delhi to Sari via Rishikesh (450 KM drive)
Day 1: Reach Chopta and Check in to Camps
Day 2: Trek from Chopta to Tungnath Chandrashila
Day 3: Chopta to Sari to Deoriatal and Back to Delhi
|Price||₹ 6,499/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 3 – you will be staying at guesthouses and camps on all days of the trip.
- Transportation: Delhi To Delhi.
- Meals: During the trip we will provide total 5 Meals (3 Breakfast and 2 Dinner)
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
We assemble at Akshardham Metro Station at 9 PM. Sari is 450 km away from Delhi and it takes around 14 hours to reach the village.
We have our dinner near Modinagar and take the next halt at Rishikesh. We do an overnight journey to Rishikesh and then from there get ready for an 8 hours mountain drive. We drive through Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Devprayag, Srinagar and Rudraprayag.
We cross Rishikesh early in the morning and amidst the way to Chopta, don’t forget to take pictures at the confluence of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers at Devprayag. We reach Chopta around Lunch. Relax at the campsite for a while and get ready for the next day of trek to Tungnath Chandrashila.
Dinner and overnight stay in Camps in Chopta
Wake up and gear up for the most important day of the Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila trek. If weather permits, we try to start our trek by 5 in the morning to see the sunrise from the summit.
The trek from Chopta to Tungnath is 3.5 km in distance and a further 1.5 km steep trek leads to the summit of Chandrashila.
After clicking photos at the summit, we start descending back to Chopta through the same route that we took while ascending. It takes 2-3 hours to come down and we stay at Camps near Chopta.
Dinner and overnight stay in Camps
Sari is a small and quaint village situated at a height of 6,601 feet. We reach the village post breakfast, we start our trek to Deoriatal. Trek to Deoriatal is a short trek of about 2.3 km. Though the trek is easy, it can be a bit tiring for first-timers. The trail passes through the scenic forest of Rhododendron and Oak.
After reaching the lake, you see a forest check post and green pastures of land. Enjoy the views and the starry night if the weather is clear. The lake is girded by forest and meadows.
Trek down to Sari and start our return journey to Delhi.
Reach Delhi early the next morning.