Overview: Trip to Kanatal – Kanatal is a small village and a hill station in the state of Uttarakhand, India, Located near Dehradun, this little town is far from commercialization and hustle-bustle, this town is perfect for a relaxing weekend. Summers in Kanatal witness a temperature range from 10 to 20 degrees which drops to 5-10 deg during the winter months. January and February months are the coldest along with some heavy snowfall. Located at an Altitude of 2600 mt.
Other than experiences such as sitting by the campfire and enjoying the beautiful views around, there are also a few treks and adventure activities in and around the campsite. Kanatal offers a varied range of activities for all age groups. One can trek the pine forest trails in Kodai Jungle, Climb some rocky terrain over the mountains, and for adventure junkies rappelling, Zip-lining and adventure water sports are some options to choose from.
The Kanatal village is well connected with neighboring tourist places such as Rishikesh, Mussoorie, Haridwar and it is not that far from the capital region, Delhi. Kanatal from Haridwar is 97 km, Kanatal from Rishikesh is 78 km, Kanatal from Mussories is 47 km and Kanatal from Delhi is 315 km.
The reasons you need to go on the Kanatal Camping in 2020 are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Kanatal with Mygoodtrip.
Day 0: Meetup and Leave for Kanatal
Day 1: Kanatal Camp Stay and Activities
Day 2: Check Out and Drive to New Delhi
|Price||₹ 4,500/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included from day 1 to Day 2 – you will be staying at guest house and camps on all days.
- Meals: All Meals from Day 1 Lunch to day 2 breakfast are included. We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food on all days of the trek.
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: you will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Safety Equipment: First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, etc. will be available at all campsites to deal with emergencies.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc
- Any Entry Fees
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
Meetup and Leave for Kanatal
Assemble at Akshardham metro station by 8:30 PM . After introduction of the group members, we start our journey for Kanatal.
Kanatal is 320 kms from New Delhi and takes 10 to 11 hours of travel time to reach. We have our breakfast amidst the way and then proceed towards our destination. We reach Kanatal by 9 AM in the morning.
Welcome, drink on arrival at the camp and general briefing. Check-in in the camps and enjoy the views from the campsite. After having lunch at the campsite, we leave for Surkanda Devi temple hike. The hike is of around 4 km and takes 3-4 hours to complete it. The temple is the highest point in that region and offers amazing panoramic views of valleys and mountains.
We come back to our campsite and have bonfire in the evening with tea and snacks, followed by dinner.
Wake up to a refreshed morning in the mountains of Garhwal. Stroll around at the campsite, having tea and cookies.
After breakfast, we check out of the camp. We will do adventure activities such as Skybridge, Zipline, etc. Then we retrace the same route via Rishikesh to New Delhi. Reach Delhi by 8 in the evening.