Overview: Nestled in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh, most visitors of the region tend to be unaware of this hidden gem. Also, since you can do the Prashar Lake trek throughout the year, it makes for a perfect getaway. A bonus makes this trek more special. Away from the hustle-bustle of your normal life, this is the place to go if you seek seclusion, tranquillity, and spectacular vistas.
Prashar lake trek is the perfect weekend trek to enjoy some peaceful time while also having to envision an adventurous journey ahead. The Prashar Lake trek is famous for many things including the Parashar temple, its hilly climb, breathtaking weather in Prashar, and of course, the lake itself.
The Prashar Lake lies 49 km north of Mandi, in the Kullu Valley, Himachal Pradesh. As the name suggests it is believed that the sage Prashar meditated and spent years of tranquility near the Lake.
There are a ton of places to visit near Prashar lake, which are equally beautiful and can add to your experience. Bijli Mahadev Temple, Lord Ramchandra Temple, and Kulant Pith are a few examples of the same. Also, if you are looking for places to stay near Prashar lake then your best bet could be camping near Prashar lake, a forest guest house or one could take shelter in the Parashar temple itself.
The reasons you need to check out Prashar lake trek are far more than many but if you still got doubts then let us clear them up while you are on a trip to Prashar lake with My good trip.
Day 0: Drive from Delhi to Baggi
Day 1: Baggi to Prashar Lake
Day 2: Prashar Lake to Baggi to Delhi
|Price||₹ 5,500/- person|
- Accommodation: Stay is included for all nights – you will be staying at guest house and camps.
- Transportation: Delhi To Delhi.
- Meals: 4 Meals (We provide simple nutritious vegetarian food every day)
- Camping Charges: All trekking permits and forest camping charges are included.
- Support Staff: Trek Leader and Local Guide.
- Trekking Equipment: You will be staying in high-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. We provide high altitude sleeping bags that can stand temperatures as low as – 10 deg c. We also provide ropes, microspikes, gaiters, etc. As required.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry, etc.
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like cancellation/roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
We ❤️ Helping Travelers!
Reach Mandi in the morning by 8 AM, from Mandi it’s a short 2-hour drive to Baggi village, which is the starting point of the Prashar Lake trek. Relax a bit and start your trek to Parashar Lake. The total distance of the trek is 8 km and the trail passes through dense forest.
The initial trail is through a path full of boulders and water streams. Mind your step while crossing the streams as stones remain slippery. After this stretch of about half km, you will reach the forest and from where the real trek starts. The whole Prashar Lake trek is steep and uphill and it passes through dense forest. After an uphill walk of around 5 km, you will reach a small meadow, which is a nice place to relax.
One can have its first sight of snow capped peaks from the meadow. After this meadow, the Prashar Lake trek seems a little easy. It takes around 4-5 hours to reach the Prashar lake. The Prashar lake is pristine and is surrounded by green pastures. There is a pagoda temple standing near the lake. After reaching there, explore the Prashar lake and the temple.
Have dinner and a bonfire in the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Wake up early and enjoy the sunrise. Explore the area near Prashar lake and after breakfast, start your downhill trek towards Baggi.
It takes around 3 hours to reach Baggi village. Our vehicle will pick you from Baggi and we will start our return journey to Delhi.
Reach New Delhi early morning by 7 AM.
End of Prashar Lake Weekend Getaway from Delhi